Importing existing PDF's

Ascent Collection Server

Importing existing PDF's

Postby MMIDMIS » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:00 am

We are using Capture 9.0 and KIC 2.0 for reference.

In using KIC. we have successfully used folder imports of PDF's but we initially set up the PDF's to import as tiffs and then we exported back to a PDF. Not a very efficient use of system resources and when you have a 74 page PDF, it sucks resources.

That said, I want to just import the PDF, validate it and then export without any conversion.

Has anyone done this simple task in KIC?

I cant find the right settings in KIC to not do any conversion of the original PDF.

It would appear to be in the destination configuration but it always seem to want email conversions.
MMIDMIS
Participant

Re: Importing existing PDF's

Postby dkekesi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Where do you want to validate the PDFs? Standard KC validation can only display PDFs as eDocuments. This means no data extraction and no zones drawn on the 'image' (because there's no image to begin with). KTM (since 5.5) on the other hand can properly handle PDFs imported as native PDF files.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby MMIDMIS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:18 am

dkekesi wrote:Where do you want to validate the PDFs? Standard KC validation can only display PDFs as eDocuments. This means no data extraction and no zones drawn on the 'image' (because there's no image to begin with). KTM (since 5.5) on the other hand can properly handle PDFs imported as native PDF files.

I am willing to sacrifice no extraction and no zones for this project.

I want to suck in (techinal term :) ) the PDF, manually validate it with our custom validation module and then pass through the PDF without any image manipulation to FileNet.

I almost have it working but there does not seem to be any export choices that work. If I select PDF as the output, it creates 2 documents - one of my PDF and a blank.

We are using the native FileNet IS export connector.

We do not own KTM.
MMIDMIS
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:54 am

When you select the FileNet IS export connector PDF output it will only output PDFs generated by the Kofax PDF generator. You should import PDF files as eDocuments, have "Treat imported PDF files as TIFF" UNchecked in the batch class properties Advanced tab.

The problem can be the IS export connector. Does it even support eDocuments?
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby MMIDMIS » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:03 am

dkekesi wrote:When you select the FileNet IS export connector PDF output it will only output PDFs generated by the Kofax PDF generator. You should import PDF files as eDocuments, have "Treat imported PDF files as TIFF" UNchecked in the batch class properties Advanced tab.

The problem can be the IS export connector. Does it even support eDocuments?

If I treat them as tiff's, the size of the file because of conversion goes from 1.2 mb to 50+ mb.

I have it processing now but on each export it creates two docs. My pass through and a blank page doc.

I suspect the issue is with the export connector.
MMIDMIS
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture Import Connector