KCIC and endorsing the imported documents

Ascent Collection Server

KCIC and endorsing the imported documents

Postby » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:35 am

Hi,

We have a case where the customer is using the endorser on the scanner but also wants to endorse the digital imported images via KCIC.
Does someone have any experience on how to solve this? The endorsing number should be synchronised for paper and digital documents.

Best regards,

John
Participant

Re: KCIC and endorsing the imported documents

Postby » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:19 am

I work with a partner who have a custom module for image annotation. It can mark the documents with the value from an index field.

So if you can get the endorser string into an index field, it can then be applied to the image.

Send me a mail with more details if you like, and I can speak to the partner to see if their module fits the requirement.

mail@davidcrewe.com
David Crewe

Check out our set of custom add-ons for Kofax Capture - www.DavidCrewe.com/products.html
Participant

Postby » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:34 am

Hi David,

Thanks for the help. It seems that I did not get an update on this post.

I the near future I will know if a Proof of Concept will start with this case. If needed I will contact you for the image annotation module.

Kind regards,

John
Participant

Postby » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:06 am

Do you only plan to import images (like TIFF, BMP, PNG, etc) or e-documents like Office formats, PDF, HTML, etc. as well?
Also what do you need this feature for? Imprinting paper documents was invented so that anyone could see that the document is scanned by just looking at the original hard copy. Since an e-document can exist in infinite number of original copies, the whole purpose of stamping is defied.
Stamping images is so '90s. I'd rather add a digital signature by an automated service. That will provide more proof than any stamping.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Postby » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:11 am

dkekesi wrote:Imprinting paper documents was invented so that anyone could see that the document is scanned by just looking at the original hard copy.

We have one customer who imprints the current date as confirmation of what date the document was received. (Legal implications.) Metadata can be tampered with. Images are harder. (Although no fool-proof. But at least beyond the ability of a administrator acting alone trying to dodge a problem.)
Russell
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture Import Connector