ACIS Defaulting to Named Pipes

Ascent Capture Internet Server

ACIS Defaulting to Named Pipes

Postby » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:28 am

For what are probably very interesting reasons, the ACIS servers when installed seem to be defaulting to using the named pipes protocol.

I'd like to change this to a TCP/IP sockets protocol to be more compliant with my company's network standards, and perhaps, get a bit better performance (I have some stations that are taking upwards of a minute to open a 3 page batch in the validation module).

How would I go about changing my ACIS servers over to TCP/IP sockets connections, and would I need to do anything at the workstations to accomodate this?
Participant

Postby » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:48 am

Hi Robert,

just run svrnetcn on the ACIS servers. Disable named pipes and save and close. Open ACConfig.xml and change the network protocol from DBNMPNTW to DBNETLIB. Save. Stop the ACIS Service. Resart the MSDE instance for AC. Start the ACIS Service.

Best regards,
Fred
Participant

Re: ACIS Defaulting to Named Pipes

Postby » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Hello,

Just being curious , could this still be working for a KC8 and KTM4 environment. In this case the KCNS server is in one country and the remote site is in another country. I have some trouble where with downloading the batchclasses. It just stops responding and the synchronisation hangs .
Participant

Return to Network Server General Discussion