How to enable validation operators to select batches.

Ascent Capture Internet Server

How to enable validation operators to select batches.

Postby » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:51 am

Hi there

I need to let my remote users select batches on the server to be3 downloaded to their site for validation. KTM4, KCNS and KC8. Have some of you done something like this?

Today some selected sites are connected directly to the server so that they can pick directly from the server, but we are moving towards a more distributed system.

BR - OleB
Participant

Re: How to enable validation operators to select batches.

Postby » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:29 am

I don't think that's possible.

You have to select in your remote site profile where validation will occur. Unless you have a WFA agent to force it where to go.
Participant

Postby » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Thats what we are currently thinking of. In a way we want to override the "no waiting batches" popup to display suspended batches ready to be validated (with the added security). So that the operator can pick a batch to validate.

Towards which forum should i post to ask about this?
Participant

Postby » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:23 am

If you set the Validation module to show a list of waiting batches to be chosen (the default) you can write a custom panel and intercept the event which shows the standard dialogue then cancel it by setting the cancel parameter to 1 and display your own dialogue for choosing waiting batches - of course this will only work on locally attached workstations. To get a list of batches on the central site from a remote site you would have to write a workflow agent and use some kind of WAN tolerant communication between the remote site and the workflow agent to allow you to change batch destinations. Never connect workstations to a server over the WAN it will end in tears!
Participant

Postby » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:54 pm

Thank you martin for your guidelines.

Does it exist a Kofax API for retreiving lists thru the KCNS, or would one write a service connecting with the server through a IIS site?

As for connecting workstations to the server ending in tears, this have not been an issue on our side. But there are only a few.

Mvh
OleB
Participant

Return to Network Server General Discussion