A resubmit transaction or commit has timed out

Ascent Capture Internet Server

A resubmit transaction or commit has timed out

Postby » Wed May 11, 2011 12:40 am

Dear Kofax users

I am a SAP consultant thrown in the Kofax solution which I really dont know much about. Everything at our site worked nicely up to a point where we start getting the following error and I dont have an idea where to start searching for clues:

5/9/2011 09:19:47 AM, -2147217460, .\KdoDatabase.cpp: 4310, WINFAX02, Server Version: 8.00.1536, TID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, Remote Site: ####, ####, 8.00.461, ACISV: [4044] KdoLib: A resubmit transaction or commit has timed out., at Kofax.IKdoLib.KdoCommandClass.OpenRecordset()
at Kofax.ACIS.ACIService.ACIServerConnection.GetBatchesToDownload(IACIRemoteInfo oInfo)

According to the network guys, there is nothing wrong on their side and the Oracle DBAs reckon nothing wrong on their side. Any ideas will be very wellcome.

Regards

Johan Botma
Participant

Re: A resubmit transaction or commit has timed out

Postby » Wed May 11, 2011 4:37 am

your remote site cannot connect to the central site database. If you have not already done so, reboot and resynchronize the remote site pc. It wouldn't hurt to reboot the server if you are allowed. We have seen when the network "burps" our remote sites sometimes lose Kofax connections even though you can browse the network, etc. We normally see it as the remote site getting errors uploading batches. Usually a reboot fixes it.
Participant

Postby » Wed May 11, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks for reply bclanman

We have approximately 100+ remote sites and all of them have the same error. I think it must be network related, when I remote desktop into the server I can create a new batch, scan documents, verify them , create PDF documents and release the Batch, but the moment when some user from the outside try to scan, sync etc they get errors. We have tried rebooting on numerous times but that dont solve the issue at all. Are there any tool around which I can use to test the http connection to the kofax servers from the remote site.

All the users keep phoning us while we dont think that the problem lies with us, but we can't really proof anything.

Your help is most appricated.

Regards

Johan
Participant

Postby » Thu May 12, 2011 5:09 am

use this KB article to test if KCNS/ACIS is working properly: http://knowledgebase.kofax.com/faqsearc ... ?QAID=2082

also, I hope with 100+ remote sites you have at least 3 acis web servers to handle the traffic.... (no more than 50 each)
Participant

Postby » Thu May 12, 2011 5:11 am

forgot this link: http://knowledgebase.kofax.com/faqsearc ... QAID=10015

you aren't hitting a space limitation on one of the servers or the database are you?
Last edited by bclaman on Thu May 12, 2011 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Participant

Postby » Thu May 12, 2011 5:24 am

take a look at the log files on the remote site and on the server as well. In your case log files with ACIS and ACIC in their names are especially interesting in your case, but the regular err_*.txt log files can shed light on issues (look for them both on the KC server and the remote site).
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Postby » Fri May 13, 2011 11:31 am

Something you need to look for is where the ACIS Service is running and which machines is hosting the ACIS website. They may be separate boxes from the Kofax server and may need rebooting.
Russell
Participant

Postby » Mon May 16, 2011 4:14 am

Hi

To everybody who has posted a reply so far, thanks a lot. I am busy working through all the replies and actions and will feedback to you when finished.

Regards

Johan
Participant

Postby » Mon May 16, 2011 5:26 am

Hi bclaman

I have read the 2 mentioned articles and all the tests return the correct results. One issue though is that when running any of the tests on the localhost a result is onbtained in sub-seconds, while doing the same tests on a server in the same rack to this web server takes upto 5 minutes to return a value. Does that seem right to you? I have test a http-ping to the http address on port 80 and all responses return in less that 10ms.

Regards

Johan
Participant

Postby » Mon May 16, 2011 11:57 am

johanb wrote:while doing the same tests on a server in the same rack to this web server takes upto 5 minutes to return a value. Does that seem right to you?

No!

My only thought is to carefully re-read the KCN setup instructions paying particular attention to the Users and rights needed to make it run.
Russell
Participant

Postby » Mon May 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi Russel

I hear what you say, but this solution has run for a while without problem so I assume it has been installed correctly, something else is wrong.

Regards

Johan
Participant

Postby » Mon May 16, 2011 1:41 pm

What about your network?

You've shown that the server can answer the question in sub-second time. So what's different about doing it from another machine? The only thing I can think of is "network" and "user permissions". (Assuming the client itself isn't weird.) Some eager beaver security person might have locked something down.
Russell
Participant

Postby » Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 am

also don't rule out the possibility of a hardware problem... Does the 5 minute problem happen every time?
Participant

Return to Network Server General Discussion