error downloading batch (5)

Ascent Capture Internet Server

error downloading batch (5)

Postby aadslingerland » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:57 am

Gents,

Recently installed a clean KC 10 server (with KCNS) on a windows 2008 r2 64 bit server and a scanstation with windows 7 64 bit and KC 10 and configured as a remote site. All tests went well besides one critical issue. When a batch is send to the server to be exported and, for some reason, the export fails the batch is set in QC status. As can be expected.

When the batch is send back to the originating remote site the RSA fails with the message "error downloading batch (5)" and the batch never shows up in the batchmanager on the remote site. We checked all kinds of file system permisions and are actually using an admin account for testing. But right now we dont have a clue what could cause this...

Any ideas?
With Regards, Aad Slingerland
aadslingerland
Participant

Re: error downloading batch (5)

Postby bclaman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:05 am

did it end up in QC on the server or is it constantly trying to send it back to the remote site?

I've got a test KC10 server and will see if I can duplicate your scenario.
bclaman
Participant

Re: error downloading batch (5)

Postby aadslingerland » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:48 am

bclaman wrote:did it end up in QC on the server or is it constantly trying to send it back to the remote site?

Hello Bill,

The batch goes into QC on the server because of an error during export (which runs only on the server in my configuration). After that the KCNS mechanism sends the batch to the originating remote site which shows the error mentioned in the RSA status screen.

With regards, Aad
With Regards, Aad Slingerland
aadslingerland
Participant

Return to Network Server General Discussion