Error synchronizing batch classes:The request timed out

Ascent Capture Internet Server

Error synchronizing batch classes:The request timed out

Postby srasmussen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:48 am

We have one central server and 9 remote sites on Kofax 10 with SP2. Up until yesterday all of the sites had been synchronizing with the central site fine. No that site is down because their license has expired and the sync will not complete. When I checked other sites they too are having issues synchronizing - their licenses are still within the 5 day period so they are still "online".

When I check the RSA status I receive the error repeatedly is: Unexpected Error in ACIClient.SynchronizeAdminIfNeeded (0) : The request timed out.

When I check the windows application log the error repeatedly is: Event code: 3001 Event message: The request has been aborted.
Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/ACIS-1-130069639003841153
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /ACIS
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\KCN Server\Bin\Web\
Machine name: CONTENTPROD
Process information:
Process ID: 10004
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool
Exception information:
Exception type: HttpException
Exception message: Request timed out.

From the central server and the remote servers, when I type ( I have to type the port number behind the server name thought):
http://servername:81/acis/config.acis?c ... ig=service it opens and IE page with http://Servername:2424
http://servername:81/acis/config.acis?config=cache it opens and IE page with a 0 on it

I started IIS and the problem still exists. Can anyone provide any assistance?
srasmussen
Participant

Re: Error synchronizing batch classes:The request timed out

Postby bclaman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:58 am

since all sites are having issues, I would bet somebody at the central site started locking down traffic... probably blocking PUT and/or GET commands on those ports.

you might also try the debug version of that command ... ?debug=debug or something like that
bclaman
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am

For kicks and grins, check the time/date on the central site. Wild dates can do odd things.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby AndrewJohnson » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:52 am

hi there, did you find a solution to this? we keep getting this error - 'The request timed out' and it is because the central license keeps failing with the same error - but I dont know why! any ideas?

Thanks.
AndrewJohnson
Participant

Return to Network Server General Discussion