KCNS Validation and Verification on diffferent remote site

Ascent Capture Internet Server

KCNS Validation and Verification on diffferent remote site

Postby marwin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:57 am

Hello ....

I have the following question:

I'm running a Kofax capture 10 KC true KCNS with multiple remote sites over the internet.

I have a batch where I am using validation and Verification steps (modules). The Verification step must be done by a different user than the user that did the validation (This works).

Now my question is: Is it possible to do the validation and Verification step on a different remote site than where the batch is created/Scand?

Because we have 3 different teams that 1:scan, 2:validate , 3:Verify.

Hope some one can help.

With kind regards,
marwin
Participant

Re: KCNS Validation and Verification on diffferent remote site

Postby DavidCrewe » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 am

This is possible, either through KCNS remote site profiles, or through the use of a workflow agent to redirect batches.
David Crewe

Check out our set of custom add-ons for Kofax Capture - www.DavidCrewe.com/products.html
DavidCrewe
Participant

Postby bclaman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:42 am

in Admin module on the sever: Edit - Profiles - KCN Server Remote Site Profiles - select the profile to edit from the dropdown or leave at "default" and do a "Save As" when done - on the Batch Routing tab double click the Assigned Site column value to the right of Validation and then select which remote site you want to do the Validation. Do the same for Verification. Also set your assigned batch classes, licensing, etc for that profile, save it and you should be good to go after the next synchronization.
bclaman
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:33 am

marwin wrote:Now my question is: Is it possible to do the validation and Verification step on a different remote site than where the batch is created/Scand?

Short answer: Yes. With limits. If the locations are consistent (Location A always Validates, Location B always Verifies) it can be done.

But if the desire is to have a single batch class where "Location A" verifies "Location B"s work and "Location B" verifies "Locations A"s work, then that's going to take scripting. Probably a workflow agent.

If there are not two many combinations, you could have two separate batch classes.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby marwin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:02 am

I think i have enough information now.

I'm going to construct a Location something like A always Validates, Location B always Verifies..

THnx....

Marwin.
marwin
Participant

Return to Network Server General Discussion