Setting license expiration period

Ascent Capture Internet Server

Setting license expiration period

Postby » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:29 am

Hi All,

We have a client with a moderate sized KCNS installation (65 sites). The problem is that there are some sites (5-6) that turn on the scanning station only twice a month. Since remote sites must connect to central every 5 days to renew license they are already expired. This results in users not being able to launch the scan module due to a licensing error message. After synchronization all is well again, but they usually get frightened and report it as an error to support. End users change very frequently so training will not help.
Is there a way to manually set/override the 5-day license expiration (either for a single remote site or all remote sites)? I'd really like to set it to 45 days to avoid errors like this.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Re: Setting license expiration period

Postby » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:38 am

None that I know of.

I've had similar issues. The scanning person goes on vacation for a week and gets all freaked out by the message when they get back. Even the "key operator" of the system forgets that this is a simple fix.
Russell
Participant

Re: Setting license expiration period

Postby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:03 am

Thanks, Russel. But I wonder why magic constants like this are not user configurable? I guess the philosophy of Kofax was that their products are usually purchased to be used and not just rest :-) It seems that this feature is not many would ask for.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Return to Network Server General Discussion