KCN Service

Ascent Capture Internet Server

KCN Service

Postby fgalbani » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi,
I have a server that is running kofax Capture and one that is the IIS Server. In the documentation, it specifies that it is best to install the KCN Service on a machine that is not a server or the IIS server. I installed kofax on a workstation, and then try to install the Service on that machine, but when I try to configure the IIS with the Kofax components is looking for the service on the Kofax Server. What do I need to do to have the config of the kofax web components find the service on the workstation? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
fgalbani
Participant

Re: KCN Service

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:54 pm

fgalbani wrote:I installed kofax on a workstation,

When you installed Kofax on the workstation, did you install it from the WrkInst folder on the server? If not, that's not going to work.

And your IIS will still look to the server for configuration information. But once you install the KCN service, the server should have that information. You can verify this by looking in the install folder\Config\ACConfig.xml. Look for the <ACIS> tag. Assuming your workstation's name is "Workstation52", it should look something like this:

Code: Select all
    <ACIS>
      <Service Key="ACIS\ACI Service" Host="Workstation52" Protocol="http" Port="2424" />
    </ACIS>
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Re: KCN Service

Postby fgalbani » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks. I did install from the wrkInst folder. I will try again and check the ACIS config file after the install to see if it is pointing to the correct place.
fgalbani
Participant

Return to Network Server General Discussion