Ability to extract data from document containing identical f

Ability to extract data from document containing identical f

Postby » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:39 am

Please help me to determine if the following task can be accomplished using Xtrata.

My document class will contain several identical forms, with identical index fields.

Is it possible to extract those fields and save them as document level value in string array?

Lets assume I scan two pages, that are identical forms but have different index values. I want those 2 pages be recognized as a single document, and extracted index value to be saved as string array.
Participant

Postby » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:48 am

I don't think so.

You might want to look into Xtrata Pro. I believe it's designed to deal with things like items in a invoice which isn't that far from what you want.
Participant

Postby » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi!

I think it is possible. Set your forms up as two page documents, extract the values you need to separate fields and the in Validation module use script to put them as you need to fields where you want them to be. Using Validation Script is the easy way. If You want to avoid validation, the Workflow agent is your solution. And in release script just ignore the "original" fields that have separate values.

Hando
Participant

Return to Ascent Xtrata General Discussion