Xtrata 1.7(Sp2) classification issues

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:35 pm

For you. If you're wanting Xtrata to do Document Separation, then why are you using Patch Codes? Why not just scan them as loose pages from the start?
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby arlindo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:31 am

I use the patchcode separator sheets to break apart what I call document units and use the process each document as batch feature. We receive documents that need to be indexed and release together in a group of documents.

Example:

We have a pile of paper with multiple patchcode separator sheets. Each sheet tells Ascent to basically break apart the pile of paper at each separtor sheet into a new batch. This makes "Document Units" stick together in one batch, get's the unit through Ascent faster, all documents share the same index fields, so sticky fields work nice in this situation instead of having the whole pile of paper in one batch.

Again by using this method the documents don't come in as loose pages but in a default formtype of 1 for example. I hope my explaination makes sense to you.
arlindo
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:46 am

Have you reserved the patch code sheet as a batch separator? That's the only way I can see this working.
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Previous

Return to Ascent Xtrata General Discussion