Does page registration occur with one form type only

Does page registration occur with one form type only

Postby jvue » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:05 am

I have a batch class with only one form type and have the following setting:
Form Separation and ID: Kofax fixed pages
Form Type Properties: Register all pages (w/ confidence level set at 5%)

My question is does Kofax register the pages? It doesn't look like it is, since the index fields for some of my documents are not aligning - the box is off, just below the text to be OCR.

Any help would be appreciated!
jvue
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:12 pm

It will try to align it with the sample given, but I've never used that engine. I've always set to to 0% so it won't bother things and used more advanced alignment like registration zones or Xtrata.

Edit: You've posted this in the Xtrata section, so I'm not sure as I'm following what's happening. If you're using Xtrata, then the registration on the FormType should be set to 0. Otherwise it will mess up what Xtrata has set up.
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby jvue » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:21 am

Sorry, this is my first posting so I didn't even notice that I'm in the wrong section. I'm just using plain Kofax Ascent Capture version 7.5 only - not using xtrata.

I've noticed that if I set the confidence level to 0, Ascent Capture does not register the page and attempt to auto align the page, therefore the index fields are off. In other words, it's not using the registration zones that I have set up.

Thank you for the help!
jvue
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:28 am

Make sure your sample accurately reflects what you are scanning.

I'd also start with just one registration zone as I've seen odd things happen with multiple ones.
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby jvue » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:43 am

Thank you for your input. I've resorted to using Xtrata. It seems to solve the issue I'm having. I've also removed all my registration zones.
jvue
Participant

Return to Ascent Xtrata General Discussion