How do I get scanned images into Xtrata

How do I get scanned images into Xtrata

Postby LCoates » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:42 am

I've read the manual and can't figure out how to get scanned imaged into Xtrata as classification images. I know you can scan sample pages into it through the admin module, but I haven't figured out how to get the classification pages for the sample pages scanned in.

How does it work?
LCoates
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:17 pm

You have to import a job called "XtrataDefinition". Then you scan things just like any other scan job. But it "releases" internally. It never makes it to the release stage.
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby David » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:06 am

We currently scan separately to create tiff files, and then we import these tiff-files one-by-one into Xtrata.

The actual way of importing/adding the samples is described in "Getting Started with Xtrata 1.5" on page 36 section 5 and 6 and 37, section 7 (second section from the top). In this last section it is showed that one must press the small folder-like button on the top of the windows to get the file open dialogue. This is easy to miss if you are not used to the Xtrata user interface. The steps and the user interface is the same on 1.7 as far as I can tell here and now.

Don't know if this is the best method, but currently it seems to do the job for us and seem to - by far - be easier to do than setting up the XtrataDefinition class. To work with the Definition class is covered with 6-7 extra pages in the manual. I know that Kofax write the recommend this approach, but I have this vague feeling that the approach is best fit for certain situations such as establish a workflow for unassigned new pages that pops up on a semi-regular basis. An implementation without these new unassigned pages... well, I simply don’t know how strong the need for the definition class is.

I guess the definition class could be useful if one set up a lot of new things at the same time and also have several people involved at the same time in the sample scanning, but when it comes to Xtrata implementation we haven’t come close to this.

I am pretty new to Xtrata so if anyone can point out any flaws in my current observation on this I would just be glad.
/David
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

Postby LCoates » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:28 am

Can you explain how to import the job "Xtratadefintion"? Thanks
LCoates
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:07 pm

LCoates wrote:Can you explain how to import the job "Xtratadefintion"?

Install Xtrata

Kofax Admin Module: File > Import

You'll find the job under C:\Program Files\Ascent\Export (Even if this is a client-server install.)
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Return to Ascent Xtrata General Discussion