Skipping Xtrata Module at Remote site, going to ACIS

Skipping Xtrata Module at Remote site, going to ACIS

Postby » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:07 am

What am I missing?
I recently installed Xtrata Sever 1.7 sp1 on my AC7.0 sp3 system. I have the remote site. I have all modules (except release and admin) processing at my remote site. I have installed the Xtrata Server on my remote AC server as well as the Central site server. I added the Xtrata Queue to my Batch Class, setup the sample pages, double checked the "Remote site profile" to be sure the Xtrata queue is assigned to the remote site, published my batch class then ran the RSA to synchonize the new settings to my remote site. But everytime I close my scan module and open the Xtrata module, Xtrata says there are no batches to process and batch manager shows the newly scanned bacth going to the ACI Server. If I try to send it to Xtrata Server from the Batch manager, it just flips back to ACIS. I Know I must have missed something, but I've been over it a couple of times and I'm not catching it. Anybody got any ideas??
Thank you - Mark
Participant

Postby » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:03 am

page 34 of the Getting Started with Xtrata 1.7

Batch classes that include Xtrata Server can be used with Ascent Capture Internet
Server. However, Xtrata Server must be set to run at the central site.

I know in your scenario, you don't want to go back and forth between central and remote site. Kofax should allow Xtrata to be processed at the remote site as well.
Participant

Postby » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:06 am

Thanks Raymond - that is going to be a problem, there are no available licenses at the Central site so I can't run Xtrata Server there - guess I'm out of luck on this one. I hope they intend to fix that in the near future, it looks like it would be of use to me.
Participant

Postby » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:08 am

which station releases? if it's not too overloaded, you might be able to use that workstation.
Participant

Postby » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:18 am

The have a dedicated release "server" and no spare licenses. I may try to remote in and run my batch through Xtrata - if it works well for me, maybe I'll buy a license and keep it running at Central.
Participant

Postby » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:21 am

you can run try running Xtrata on that server and you won't need an additional license.
Participant

Postby » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:07 pm

cavenam wrote:The have a dedicated release "server" and no spare licenses.

Xtrata and Release can actively co-exist on a station and share a single license. As long as the CPU load doesn't got out of hand, that will work.
Participant

Postby » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:14 am

Thanks - I'm going to give that a try. Now I just have to convince the central site to let me install it on their box :)
Participant

Return to Ascent Xtrata General Discussion