Xtrata getting 0% classification

Xtrata getting 0% classification

Postby MartinB » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:41 pm

Alright, I was fooling around with the definitions batch and it absolutely did not work out, now I deleted that and the definitions and I set up a project like I had set it up before, with Xtrata. The only thing I changed is that I set separation down for patch code separators, so it creates the documents in scan. Now it is classifying absolutely nothing. 0.00% across the board. I'm at a loss.

Help anyone?
Martin Bidegaray
Production Manager
doc2e-file
Pasadena TX
MartinB
Participant

Postby David » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:52 pm

Hello!
I am afraid I am no Xtrata guru, but to get the ball rolling: if you use Xtrata 1.5 you should upgrade to 1.7 and also download the new 1.7 manual. If you use 1.7 already, you should consider downloading and apply the latest Xtrata 1.7 Service Pack; that would currently be SP 1.

The biggest and most important step is to go for 1.7 from 1.5.
This may not solve the problem, but would increase the odds for you a bit...
/David
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

indeed

Postby MartinB » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:35 pm

I'm afraid I'm already at 1.7. So I'm not sure.... It just puzzles me that the thing went from fairly decent recognition to almost none. How can I see if I have SP 1 installed?
Martin Bidegaray
Production Manager
doc2e-file
Pasadena TX
MartinB
Participant

Postby simon.matter@kofax.com » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:14 am

disable ocr page registration.....
simon.matter@kofax.com
Participant

hrmn

Postby MartinB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:11 am

If you mean the "OCR Page Registration" in "Xtrata Settings" at the batch class level, I've already done that, actually it was disabled by default, for a while I thought the problem was that I didn't have it on, it seemed to neither help, nor hinder.
Martin Bidegaray
Production Manager
doc2e-file
Pasadena TX
MartinB
Participant

Postby simon.matter@kofax.com » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:16 am

*hmm* usually it's this option that let's confidence level drop...

to see what version of Xtrata you've installed:

At the Xtrata Forms Setup go to help -> about

1.7.208 is SP1
simon.matter@kofax.com
Participant

Postby MartinB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:00 am

Yeah, I have 1.7.155.0 which is probably the original install, I will try to upgrade. The only other thing I can think of, is that I have Xtrata installed in the machine I run the Xtrata server on, but not any of the scanning machines.

Before, when I was testing, (and getting better results) I was running the scanning machines through a TIF creation batch and then importing the TIFs into the scan module on the machine that had Xtrata installed. I assumed that all the Xtrata functions were done at the server level and not the scan level, is this thought incorrect?

Does anyone know of any other Xtrata resources except for the manual?
Martin Bidegaray
Production Manager
doc2e-file
Pasadena TX
MartinB
Participant

Postby simon.matter@kofax.com » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:39 am

MartinB wrote:Before, when I was testing, (and getting better results) I was running the scanning machines through a TIF creation batch and then importing the TIFs into the scan module on the machine that had Xtrata installed. I assumed that all the Xtrata functions were done at the server level and not the scan level, is this thought incorrect?

yes, this thought is correct.

Can you check in Ascent's local\log folder for the Xtrata logs? Any errors logged?
simon.matter@kofax.com
Participant

Postby MartinB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:50 am

There are no errors logged, only failure of classification. I made a few changes and I am going to try another test batch. I upgraded to Service Pack 1 and I will be able to see if that has any effect. Unfortunately I have 5 other things to do right now... Xtrata is frustrating me.
Martin Bidegaray
Production Manager
doc2e-file
Pasadena TX
MartinB
Participant

Postby MartinB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:02 am

Alright, I upgraded to service pack 1, and now I am getting similar results to what I had originally. Which is decent. I wonder if somehow with service pack 1 the settings got refreshed or something. I'm not sure why. The only thing I did really differently is that I used a scanner to export to TIFs, then I went to my machine with Xtrata on it, and ran the whole process, importing the TIFs to the scan module. Would that in any way make it more accurate?
Martin Bidegaray
Production Manager
doc2e-file
Pasadena TX
MartinB
Participant

Postby rpapa » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:26 am

it shouldn't. Xtrata doesn't care where the images come from or what station is comes from
rpapa
Participant

Postby simon.matter@kofax.com » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:31 am

yeah, it really shouldn't

I've once worked on a project where I experienced the same frustration that Martin had....it was a migration from 1.5 to 1.7...some 1.7 versions would produce different results than others....but I was never able to recreate the issues so once it was working I gave up investigating....

Hope Xtrata doesn't frustrate you that much anymore, Martin. It's a good addition to Ascent Capture though.
simon.matter@kofax.com
Participant

Postby MartinB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:39 pm

Indeed, once I learned to use patch code separation in conjunction with Xtrata zone registration, things have gotten a lot more simple. I have to admit, I was on the verge of catching fire a few times, but luckily with the SP1 upgrade it seems to have corrected itself.

Thanks so much for all your input.
Martin Bidegaray
Production Manager
doc2e-file
Pasadena TX
MartinB
Participant

Return to Ascent Xtrata General Discussion