Xtrata giving much better success rates for forms recog than form Id zones in Ascent

Xtrata giving much better success rates for forms recog than form Id zones in Ascent

Postby » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:32 am

I just finished 'evaluating' first Xtrata batch and was impressed with the results & speed. Compared to Ascent forms recognition using form id zones, Xtrata gave 20% better results with OCR Registration turned ON. The documents were scanned at 200 DPI. This was just with the initial configuration where I ran sample documents through the XtrataDefinition batch and added the classified ones to existing Ascent Forms. I know I can tune it furthur to get better results.

Will enabling 'background removal' at form level help better forms recognition results?

What other things should I keep in mind to improve the results?
Participant

Re: Xtrata giving much better success rates for forms recog than form Id zones in Ascent

Postby » Wed May 10, 2006 8:02 am

pkatiyar wrote:Will enabling 'background removal' at form level help better forms recognition results?

That depends on your form. "background removal" drops out any constant portions within the zone (only temporarily for recognition, original image is not altered). If you have zones with e.g. the label inside the zone or using some weird combed field it can dramatically improve results. If the form was properly designed and your zones only contain "data" but no constant portions it would not improve anything.
pkatiyar wrote:What other things should I keep in mind to improve the results?

Please review the attached presentation, it contains a number of useful tips and tricks. If it looks familiar, you're right, I did that presentation on last years Transform event in Palma
Attachments
On the fast track with Ascent Xtrata.pdf
Detailed information about Xtrata 1.5 and some useful tips.
(482.43 KiB) Downloaded 1329 times
Best Regards,<BR>
Stephan Mayer
Presales Manager EMEA
Kofax Image Products
Participant

Return to Ascent Xtrata General Discussion