Solution: Comparing Documents?

Solution: Comparing Documents?

Postby » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:13 am

Hello all,

I need a challenging solution for Kofax. The idea is to compare (PDF) documents in Kofax and see if anything is changed/deleted/etc.

I will explain what i mean with an example. The main purpose is to compare two documents (pdf) in Kofax. A company send contracts to his clients and receive them back.The format will be
official contracts so the original pdf will be a standard contract. The standard contract will be send to a client who prints the copy out and signs it and then send it back as an analog document. Our client
then scans the contract they received and makes it digital again. You have then 2 documents:

- The original contract
- The copy that is send to a client and has come back (possible changed)

The idea is to check if the text on the (copy) contract is changed. So an operator has to check the original with the copy (in Kofax) and set a permission that the copy is allowed or not. After this we want to release them in a back-end application like Sharepoint for example.

(I posted this also in the KTM general discusion, but i think this is a better place for my question)
Participant

Re: Solution: Comparing Documents?

Postby » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:09 am

My best guess is that you start with full text OCR for both document and somehow compare them after the ocr text has been released. AFAIK there is no function or module to compare the content in Kofax Capture.
With Regards, Aad Slingerland
Participant

Postby » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:38 am

why don't you just have them electronically sign a PDF form and send back that? Electronic signatures are legally acceptible now for binding contracts.
Participant

Postby » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:04 am

bclaman wrote:why don't you just have them electronically sign a PDF form and send back that? Electronic signatures are legally acceptable now for binding contracts.

One reason could be because it's not that straightforward to obtain and use a signing certificate, at least not for the general population of any developed country. Also contracts sometimes need authenticated time stamping which is an issue in itself. Lastly, signatures can have a gazillion forms from a technical perspective. Would you want to prepare your system for all?
PS: legal acceptance varies with countries (we have no information where the OP wants to use this).
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Postby » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:50 am

legal acceptance varies with countries

true ... however if it is the USA, it can be as simple as typing in the signature line: /s/Person's name OR /Person's Name/ OR any number of variations of that depending on the state.
Participant

Postby » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:10 am

I always envied the simplicity of US bureaucracy. I have not seen the million different forms one needs to be aware of, though :)
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Postby » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:26 am

The solution would be used in the Netherlands.
Another idea is to use the background removal feature somehow. That tool compares two documents in Kofax.
Participant

Return to Custom Modules General Discussion