Quick Question - Batch Deleted event in WFA??

Quick Question - Batch Deleted event in WFA??

Postby eperry » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:18 am

Writing a WFA to dump batch stats into a DB for reporting. One of the events client wants is to write out data when Batch is deleted. Can this be done from a WFA? My understanding is that WFA fires on Batch "Close" Event only, so a batch deleted in QC (for ex.) would not fire the WFA since the batch is technically not Closed. This is also why WFA's don't fire after Release/Export, correct?
---------------------
Edward Perry
Imaging Consultant
eperry
Participant

Re: Quick Question - Batch Deleted event in WFA??

Postby dkekesi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:48 pm

This is an interesting question. I'd check what the next queue is. I would expect that upon deleting a batch the next queue is null. If so then you have the event for batch deletion. Also note that WFA is fired by batch manager, too. So deleting a batch there may trigger the WFA. Worth a try.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby eperry » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks for the reply Daniel. Interesting ideas, and I tried them both. Unfortunately as suspected, a "Delete Batch" event does not fire the WFA whether it occurs within a module or from within Batch Manager. Solution for now is to use an external reporting tool and write a query that gets the "Deleted Batches" info from the History tables. I know I could build a custom panel or module, but that seems like overkill for a single function. Thanks again.

Ed
---------------------
Edward Perry
Imaging Consultant
eperry
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:01 am

There may be other options.
1. There's a custom batch manager source in the forums (search for "batch manager alternative"). Here you can add whatever code you want upon deletion.
2. If an interactive module (like scan or QC) deletes a batch you can trap events using ACCI (Ascent Capture COM Interface) to do whatever you need. The samples are shipped with KC as sample panels.
Maybe worth a try.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Return to Custom Modules General Discussion