Disable menu functions

Disable menu functions

Postby mike_s » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:01 am

I'm looking to disable a user's ability to uncheck the checkbox in the Kofax Capture 10 Validation options that says, "Open next batch automatically."

I have gone through the API guide and can use for the demo (Delete functions), but I cannot find a way to disable the “Open Next batch automatically” function.

We want to set that to checked and not allow the user to change it.

Is this possible.

thanks
mike_s
Participant

Re: Disable menu functions

Postby dkekesi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:02 am

You cannot. The setting is stored in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive. The problem is that it is written upon exiting the module so making the key read only will not prevent the user to change check box status only the setting will not be saved.
Why exactly so you want to disable this feature? If you tell more maybe I can come up with some ideas.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby David » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:28 am

Super: "don't do this"
User: <doing it>
Super: "don't do this!"
Super: "arghl!"
Super: "don't do this! or else...!"
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

Postby mike_s » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:37 am

We have recently switched to paperless validation of now have the validators getting their work directly from Kofax. We have seen some users still passing over batches they do not want to work.

We are waiting a way to basically stop users from having a choice on which batch they work next. We are hoping to move to go to one document on batch, but I need to get my operators unable to change options like “Prompt before closing document”, “Prompt before closing bath”, and “Open next batch automatically.”
I would be ok if I had to disable the whole “Options” button or select tabs on the options menu.

Thank you for all the help and input.
Mike.
mike_s
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 am

There is solution for this, but I hope you're into programming as you'll need a custom panel installed into Validation module for this to work.
With a custom panel you have the possibility to hook onto different events and use high level methods.
There are several events for a batch open, one of them is KfxOcxEventBatchOpeningSelect which is fired BEFORE the user is presented with the Select batch window. If you cancel this event (you can cancel it) then no Select batch window is displayed ever. This takes care of the selection screen. In this event you have to start a timer (set it to say 100ms). Disable the timer in the timer tick event and call
Code: Select all
Dim b As Batch
b = m_oApp.OpenNextBatch(False, KfxApiBatchStateReady Or KfxApiBatchStateSuspended)

This will open the next batch that is either ready or suspended. Why do you need the timer? Because calling the OpenNextBatch method will raise a lot of events, and raising events inside the same event handler is not allowed.
This is a rudimentary piece of code without any error handling and extras. Probably you want to build in a back door for admins to select any particular batch not just the next available. Maybe the BatchOpeningSelect event is not what you're into (it's worth to look at other KfxOcxEventBatchOpening* events). This definitely does not handle the case when a user opens the batch from the batch manager. Either hide batch manager from the users or hook onto the KfxOcxEventBatchOpeningID event as well and cancel that too (this is the event fired when a batch is opened via Batch Manager).
Note that custom panels need to be installed onto every station using KC Validation. If you fail to install it on a workstation then that workstation will not enforce what you need (maybe you do not need to install them onto admin stations so they can select any batch).
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby mike_s » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 am

Thank you.

Mike.
mike_s
Participant

Postby Warpfield » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:54 am

David wrote:Super: "don't do this"
Super: "don't do this!"
Super: "arghl!"
Super: "don't do this! or else...!"

User <doing it>
Super: You're fired!

Super hires someone who can follow simple directions.
If they are going to hate you anyway for what you do, then you might as well put forth your best effort.
Warpfield
Participant

Return to Custom Modules General Discussion