Creating a Document Custom Storage String in CM

Creating a Document Custom Storage String in CM

Postby Hayden » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi All.

I'm writing a custom module to read a claim number from an email subject, and I need this to be available in KTM. So I can't set an IndexField with the value I pick up(due to KTM Server 1 not accessing default values), so I'm hoping to put it into a Document CSS. But my question is, can I create the storage string in my custom module, or do I need to create it in a setup app running in the admin module? And how do I create it? By simply using the CreateChildElement method of the ACElement?
Or do I need to use the DBLite tools instead of just the DBLiteOpt tools?
Cheers
- Hayden
Hayden
Participant

Re: Creating a Document Custom Storage String in CM

Postby dkekesi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:18 am

Why not put the claim number into a Kofax Capture index field and access that via script when extraction starts?
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby Hayden » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Because it's not available in time - default values cannot be accessed early enough in KTM Server.
We're only looking for one value in most documents - a claim number, and that should be provided in the Subject of the email.
If it is, I don't need to OCR any pages in KTM Server.
So I need access to the value at Document.BeforeProcessXDoc method time, and the default value for an index isn't available then.
Cheers
- Hayden
Hayden
Participant

Postby Hayden » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:09 pm

No issues, problem solved.
CSS wasn't creating because the code in my Custom Module wasn't working correctly. My documents come inside folders from the email system (Folder is an email, documents inside are the email header & body and then each attachment)
I wasn't looking for documents inside folders, only attached directly to the batch.
Anyway, from there it is a simple task to create a Document CSS using the ACDataElement method CreateChildElement.
And that is available in Document.BeforeProcessXDoc.
And yes, this is all about saving some licenses. But they are not cheap, and management seem to think my time is! :)
Cheers
- Hayden
Hayden
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Glad you sorted this out. I would have gone a different route splitting each batch into two in the custom module: one that needs OCR and one that does not. But your method is a nice one, indeed.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Return to Custom Modules General Discussion