Get FormTypes in a Batch class using API

Get FormTypes in a Batch class using API

Postby joymjose » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:18 pm

I am trying to get the formtypes available in a batch class through my standalone application. I have already checked through your sample project available in Source for Import Controller, but that is using Kofax.AscentCaptureModule which gives access to formtypes after we create a Batch.

However, I would like to access the FormTypes without creating a Batch like we access them using Kofax.AscentCaptureAdminMod. However as mentioned above, this would not be a setup UI in Admin module; instead would be a standalone application.

Any assistance would be of great help.
Joseph M. Joy
joymjose
Participant

Re: Get FormTypes in a Batch class using API

Postby dkekesi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 pm

I think you cannot access form types without creating a batch class. Also using the Kofax.AscentCaptureAdminMod would be useless as form types in the Admin module are not necessarily available during run-time (i.e. a new form type was created in the Admin module but the batch class that contains it was not yet published).
What exactly do you want to accomplish? Maybe we could give you some ideas...
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Re: Get FormTypes in a Batch class using API

Postby aadslingerland » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:30 pm

[quote="joymjose"]However as mentioned above, this would not be a setup UI in Admin module; instead would be a standalone application./quote]

This _could_ be done by exporting a batch class to a CAB file, then extract admin.xml and admin.dtd from the CAB file (like unzip) and process the XML in your own application....
With Regards, Aad Slingerland
aadslingerland
Participant

Return to Custom Modules General Discussion