Batch Copying

Batch Copying

Postby ddavydov » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:47 am

In order to run documents throught additional recognition we are trying to copy them to different batch.
I am wondering is it doeble to copy documents from validation module of one batch to recognition module of another?
ddavydov
Participant

Re: Batch Copying

Postby DavidCrewe » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:42 pm

It is possible in a Custom Module to create new batches. You can then re-import the documents to create a 'copy' batch. This will use license count however.

Can you give a bit more detail on what is required? If all you need is additional recognition, maybe a Workflow Agent to route the batch back through recognition would be enough, or split the batch and route some back to recognition...

I'm currently working on a custom module for batch splitting, so I'll keep you posted on progress.
David Crewe

Check out our set of custom add-ons for Kofax Capture - www.DavidCrewe.com/products.html
DavidCrewe
Participant

Postby ddavydov » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Here the details:
1. Documents are scanned using a separator sheet that also has zones to ICR and OMR some indexing values.
2. Documents go to validation. Indexer can still see the separator sheet that will be dropped during export.

3. Now we want to scan in the same batch, documents that have additional metadata to ICR and OMR on the first page of the document itself.
We must use the form recognition for these documents, but they use the same separator sheet. Separator sheets and ICRed and OMRed data will be identical for these new documents but different from other documents. (It has a checkmark that shows document type, and these new documents are of the same type but look different.)
I am trying to get all documents to validation, read the data from separator sheet.
If the document type is the one that identifies these documents-in-questions, I want delete (or better move to the back of document) the separator sheet from them only and return to recognition to identify the form and read the rest of the data.
Maybe when they will come back to validation I will return the separator sheets back to front of documents.
ddavydov
Participant

Postby DavidCrewe » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:11 am

I'd say a couple of methods would probably work.

1. A workflow agent that runs after validation. If the specific form type is detected, then move page 1 to back of document, mark document to require further recognition and validation. All other documents ignored. Whole batch routed back to recognition. OCR etc run for specific documents. Whole batch routed back to validation - only specific documents require validating.

2. Custom Module to run after validation. Specific documents identified and moved to a new batch. First page moved if required. This new batch routed to recognition. Remainder of original batch moves forward to next module.

Without seeing the documents or your full setup I can't say for sure, but you may be able to identify the different types at scan/recognition as different document class or form type and defined OCR on the first page without any heavy customisation.
David Crewe

Check out our set of custom add-ons for Kofax Capture - www.DavidCrewe.com/products.html
DavidCrewe
Participant

Postby ddavydov » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:26 am

Thank you David.
I will try both methods you recommended.
ddavydov
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:27 am

Assuming that he has KTM for Forms available to him, can it recognize the document based on the second page (or at least the first and second)?

Anytime there's OMR, I like to have something that's better at zoning than what just capture provides.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby ddavydov » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:24 pm

So far we are in version 9.0, and don't have KTM yet.
I have the problem described above because the current version can recognize forms only from first page, and we have all of them identical.
ddavydov
Participant

Return to Custom Modules General Discussion