Insert page WFA

Insert page WFA

Postby » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:09 pm

I am trying to use a workflow agent for inserting an extra page to a document in validation if certain event occurs. This page can be a tif file located in special folder or just a blank page.
I tried to do:
oNewPage=oLoosePageElement.CreatePageChildElement(path to my TIF image) but application returns an error:
“DBLiteOpt: Invalid child element was specified for the current element. (Page)”

Can anyone give me an idea about the way to do it?
Participant

Re: Insert page WFA

Postby » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:34 am

It looks like you are attempting to create a Page within a Page. To add a Page to the Batch loose pages collection, you perform the operation in the top Pages ACDataElement:

Code: Select all
Dim oBatchPages As ACDataElement = oBatch.FindChildElementByName("Pages")
oBatchPages.CreatePageChildElement("MyTiff.tif")
If they are going to hate you anyway for what you do, then you might as well put forth your best effort.
Participant

Postby » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:35 pm

Exactly. After adding to the loose pages, you should move the page to the appropriate document at the required position.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Postby » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Thank you guys. I will try to do what you recommend.
And you right, I will be probably hated because of my good intentions.
We may have some documents that have, let’s say, up to three pages, and we will ICR from each of them.
Amount of pages is variable and it will be OK if I get page1 and page2 without page3.
But when I have page1 and page3 I want to insert a blank page, ICR it, and drop at the end.
Currently I am doing proof-of-concept, but in reality I need to do it during validation on each document.
What do you thing could I pull it not in WFA but in validation script using appropriate DLLs?
Participant

Return to Custom Modules General Discussion