Custom... Something?

Custom... Something?

Postby » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:32 pm

Hey all,

I need to be able to click in a field in validation and select a value from a database look up. I don't care if it looks and behaves like a Drop Down, I don't care if a dialog opens and has some sort of list in it, or really how it works.

I am fairly certain this can be done with some custom work, but I honestly can't tell what I will be trying to make. A Custom Module? Panel? OCX Panel? Script?

Can someone tell me what I would need to create here to get this to work? Also, any directions to resources on getting started with whatever it is would be great.

Thanks!
- Chris
Chris
TeamPraxis
Participant

Re: Custom... Something?

Postby » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:53 am

You can have a dropdown list displayed in popup window using the built-in scripting features in Validation/Verification.
If you want a dropdown to be displayed replacing a regular index field, the you need to have a custom OCX panel (unless the new built-in VB .NET scripting has such a feature).
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Re: Custom... Something?

Postby » Thu May 07, 2015 12:19 am

You can probably do what you want in VB.Net validation script.

You can also check out http://www.davidcrewe.com/dcutil.html - this is a set if utilities I have developed which can be incorporated into Kofax scripts and allow the sort of functionality you are describing.
David Crewe

Check out our set of custom add-ons for Kofax Capture - www.DavidCrewe.com/products.html
Participant

Return to Custom Modules General Discussion