BatchID property in Export Connector

BatchID property in Export Connector

Postby » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi guys,

I have searched for information but unfortunately what I have found is not complete enough to get me going.

I have rewritten the Kofax Text Export Connector to fit my needs and the index file contains exactly what I need, but there is one small thing missing. I want to name the index file according to BatchID but I cannot figure out how to do it. If anyone has some advice to set me on the right track or some sample code, I would very much appreciate it.

I have seen in the API reference guide that there is a property, but I cannot for my life access it...

Kind regards,
Jonas
Jonas Norrhede
Professional Services
Canon Sweden
Participant

Re: BatchID property in Export Connector

Postby » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 am

Assign the "{Batch ID}" Capture value to a hidden Field in the Document Class properties. Then, access that Index value in the ReleaseDoc( ) method in the Release class.
If they are going to hate you anyway for what you do, then you might as well put forth your best effort.
Participant

Postby » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:27 am

Thanks Warpfield,

I thought of that as well, but I don't like this particularly since it requires a batch field. I would like to access the value regardless of batch/index fields in the export connector...

However, if I find no better method, then I guess I will have to go for this.

cheers,
Jonas
Jonas Norrhede
Professional Services
Canon Sweden
Participant

Postby » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:43 am

What's wrong with a batch field?
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Postby » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:08 pm

If I'm reading the KC9 DVD > Documentation > Help > APIRef document correctly, you can find it from the BatchID property of the Batch Object.
Russell
Participant

Postby » Wed May 18, 2011 3:59 am

Hi guys,

Daniel:
When it comes to the Batch Field, I do not want to use anything that requires a certain setup in Kofax Capture that could make the Export process fail if certain changes are made.

Russell:
I found this in the documentation too, but for some reason I cannot access this property, and I do not know why, perhaps I am just doing it wrong... I have no clue.

Anyway, what I did in the end was to use date/time stamp instead and this works fine for me. I just originally thought BatchID would be a good thing since it will always be unique, but I think my date/time stamp will be unique enough.

Thanks for the help though guys!

cheers,
Jonas
Participant

Postby » Thu May 19, 2011 11:35 am

Jonas wrote:I just originally thought BatchID would be a good thing since it will always be unique

Not necessarily. If you have more then one Kofax system feeding the backend, it won't be unique.

If you re-install Kofax, by default the Batch IDs start over.
Russell
Participant

Postby » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 am

russell@centuryc.com wrote:
Jonas wrote:I just originally thought BatchID would be a good thing since it will always be unique

Not necessarily. If you have more then one Kofax system feeding the backend, it won't be unique.

If you re-install Kofax, by default the Batch IDs start over.

Then, use a BatchGuid instead, which would be guaranteed unique.
If they are going to hate you anyway for what you do, then you might as well put forth your best effort.
Participant

Postby » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 am

Hi Warpfield,

Sorry for piggybacking on other's thread. I need to use batch GUID in one of my customizations. How do I access it from inside C# code?

In code, I could see "DocumentData.BatchClassID.ToString()" but there is no "DocumentData.BatchGUID.ToString();".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sarma.

Kofax & Documentum Administrator
Matson Navigation, Phoenix, USA
http://linkedin.com/in/sarmapasumarthi

Participant

Return to Release Scripts General Discussion