Upgrade to Documentum Release Script 8.0

Upgrade to Documentum Release Script 8.0

Postby Roman Powidajko » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:58 am

Currently we are upgrading our Documentum/Webtop to 6.7 SP1 and require the new Kofax release script 8.0 (received).

We are on Kofax 9 (9.0.2.0.4.0.1277) and using the Documentum 6.0-6.5 release script - worked flawlessly for years!

Do I have to uninstall the current 6.0-6.5 release script and then install the new 8.0 or can they both appear in the "Available Export Connector" box?

I see an "Upgrade" button, how do I upgrade from 6.0-6.5 to 8.0?

Has anyone encountered any difficulties with the install - do you have to install a Documentum DFC?

Thank you.
Roman Powidajko
Participant

Re: Upgrade to Documentum Release Script 8.0

Postby Sarma.Kofax » Wed May 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Roman,

I am not sure if you already found a solution for this issue. I work on Documentum release scripts and I tried upgrading and it did not work. Basically, the new release script uses a different methodology to access docbase (webservices) and old release scripts are not upgradeable for this very reason. I am afraid, you need to re-configure your release scripts after installing the new version. Both versions can exist in system and you will obviously remove the old version once your new version is successfully configured.

Let me know if you need more details about latest documentum release script version. Answering your other question, you DO NOT need to install DFC on Kofax server because new release script uses webservices to contact content server.

-Sarma.

Kofax & Documentum Administrator
Matson Navigation, Phoenix, USA
http://linkedin.com/in/sarmapasumarthi

Sarma.Kofax
Participant

Re: Upgrade to Documentum Release Script 8.0

Postby Roman Powidajko » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Thanks Sarma...

I got it installed... it took two tries as I required the patch to address some issues with fields not showing.

Once the patch was installed it worked solid!
Roman Powidajko
Participant

Return to Release Scripts General Discussion