Urgent - Documentum 8.0 Release Script Issue

Urgent - Documentum 8.0 Release Script Issue

Postby Roman Powidajko » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:35 pm

I have successfully installed the Documentum 8.0 Content Server Release script.

Odd things are happening......

When I launch the script and go to "Document Settings", pick my custom "Object type" the following field "subject" does not appear... I see "subject' when I pick "dm_document" and "attrorder".

The field "title" does appear but no field content appears when then the document is released, I have even hard-coded a value.

How do I get the 'subject' field to appear, and have 'subject' and 'title' show data.

I am was hoping to go live next week....

Thank you.
Roman Powidajko
Participant

Re: Urgent - Documentum 8.0 Release Script Issue

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:23 am

I know very little about Documentum, but as a test I'd try to import the files by some other means. There might be a setup problem with the way the document properties are defined such that things aren't working the way you think they should.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby Hando Penu » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi!

It may be the VB6 components problem. I suspect, that it uses them and if VB6 components are not the right ones, strange things will happen.
You will find correct ones in instalaltion media, Export connectors\VB6 components folder

Hando
Hando Penu
Participant

Postby Sarma.Kofax » Wed May 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Roman,

Can you please post a screenshot of the documentum release script window? I suspect there is a "preset" applied on your custom documentum object type which is masking those values. Do you see those 2 fields (subject and title) when you open a document in webtop or some other documentum client?

Like the other user said, it may well be an issue with VB components. If you can specify a value for "title" in release script, it should be released to documentum and you should be able to see it. Not sure why this is not happening. You may want to completely uninstall release script (clean it using Kofax cleanup utilities) and re-install it.

Hope this helps.

-Sarma.

Kofax & Documentum Administrator
Matson Navigation, Phoenix, USA
http://linkedin.com/in/sarmapasumarthi

Sarma.Kofax
Participant

Postby Roman Powidajko » Fri May 03, 2013 11:32 am

Solved.....

There is a Documentum release script patch that changes 3 files in the original release script.

Once I received, unzipped and replaced the files, stopped, started the service and opened the batch, I could see all the fields for the Documentum document type.

Your assistance was very appreciated.

Thank you.
Roman Powidajko
Participant

Postby Sarma.Kofax » Thu May 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Would you mind sending me the patch for documentum release script to my email address? spasumarthi at matson.com ? Thank you.

-Sarma.

Kofax & Documentum Administrator
Matson Navigation, Phoenix, USA
http://linkedin.com/in/sarmapasumarthi

Sarma.Kofax
Participant

Return to Release Scripts General Discussion