Mantain table setting exporting/importing Batch class

Mantain table setting exporting/importing Batch class

Postby acolaja » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:00 am

Hi,
we have two Kofax environment (dev and prod).
To transfer a batch class from dev to prod we use export and import function inside Administrator.
Our batch class export data in Filenet and SQL server, but Filenet and SQL used in dev environment is different from prod environment.

Is it possible to mantain the table setting inside Database export connector config and mapping Filenet connector during export and import ?
Now, after importing the batch class, we need to reconfigure each export connector from scratch.

Thanks
Bye
Andrea
acolaja
Participant

Re: Mantain table setting exporting/importing Batch class

Postby rpapa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 am

do a search on Custom Data Substitution in the admin guide, but I'm not sure if it works for export scripts.

if not, there's a hack when you import the batch class, before you click the first ok, there's an admin.xml that you can replace the values that you need.
rpapa
Participant

Re: Mantain table setting exporting/importing Batch class

Postby Sarma.Kofax » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:24 pm

If I am not wrong, if you can maintain exact same schema names, Admin account user name and password in both environments, you won't need to reconfigure scripts in upper environments.

When you save a release script in lower environment, it saves all the connection details along with it. When you export and import it to upper environment, it simply checks for matching connection details and if it could find them, it connects to them. That's all it is.

Try it and let me know.

-Sarma.

Kofax & Documentum Administrator
Matson Navigation, Phoenix, USA
http://linkedin.com/in/sarmapasumarthi

Sarma.Kofax
Participant

Return to Release Scripts General Discussion