Kofax Capture DB Export Connector - Table Fields

Kofax Capture DB Export Connector - Table Fields

Postby SWB » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:54 am

Hello! Currently the KC DB Export connector exports table fields values into a single table field separated by a semicolon ";" (default). This has always been painful as I wish the export connector would "normalize" table rows so that there is one row in the database table for each row in the Kofax table. Has anyone modified this connector to behave this way for table (line item) fields? Or has anyone developed a custom database export connector that is more flexible?

Thanks!
SWB
Participant

Re: Kofax Capture DB Export Connector - Table Fields

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:22 pm

I'd suggest contacting David Crewe at http://www.davidcrewe.com/products.html

I don't see anything like that in his existing products, but he could customize something for you.

What you want will work for batch classes with a single table field (which in turn could contain multiple fields), but won't work if you have multiple table fields that are independent of each other. In that case, you'd have to switch to exporting to a database that supports multi-value fields.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby SWB » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:33 am

Thank you Russell. I have looked at David's products before. It still surprises me the db export connector works like this, and has never been updated to at least have this option. Guess we'll have to modify it ourselves.
SWB
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 am

I understand what you're doing, but proper support requires a database that supports multi-value variables. From what I can tell, Access doesn't.

You CAN go from one set of multi-value variables to multi-records, but only if there's one set. Trying to enforce that condition might be why no one's done it. They don't want to be responsible for someone adding a multi-value at a later time. Someone who writes in-house apps can take that responsibility. Those who write apps as a 3rd party have to have a higher standard, or they'll have headaches down the line.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Return to Release Scripts General Discussion