Capio, Ascent Capture, and Multiple Form Types

Capio, Ascent Capture, and Multiple Form Types

Postby » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:18 pm

We have remote agencies who scan documents using Capio, then transmit them to Headquarters for follow-up indexing and handling. Capio users are authorized to scan documents into a single Ascent Capture Batch Class; this Batch Class has a single Document Class and multiple Form Types.

Our problem: All of the Ascent Capture Form Types are presented to our Capio users within their user interface. We only want them to create documents and scan into one of these. We've resorted to naming these Form Types so that they appear after the one we want them to use, but is there anything else we can alternatively do? Our preference would be to 'hide these from their view.
Participant

Postby » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:14 am

Is there a reason you're using Capio instead of ACIS?

I've run across clients who were using Capio and they should have used either ACIS or a server install of Ascent.
Participant

Postby » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:48 am

Isn't there something on the server side that can control what the Capio users can see? I know there is if they were running regular ACIS.
Participant

Postby » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:17 pm

You can activate User Profiles in Ascent and make user profiles for each external group. Assign the Batch Class that you want to the group and there you go.

However, I understand that this may require a lot of reworking of your batch classes and may not be realistic.
Participant

Return to Capio with ACS and Ascent