Ascent Collection Server license is not properly licensed

Ascent Collection Server

Ascent Collection Server license is not properly licensed

Postby » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:00 am

Hello,

I have Ascent7.5, ACS 1.2 and ACS service installed on a w2k3 Server in a vmware session. Now when i try to logon to the administrator site i get the following message:

Error {1}: The Ascent Collection Server license is not properly licensed. Please contact your Ascent Capture administrator. The following error was returned from the Ascent Collection Web Server: The Ascent Collection Service on the machine DEMO-WIN2K3-CLN is not running or cannot contact the Web server: no connections are allowed. Contact your Ascent Collection Server administrator.

I am using the administrator account of the server.

What can be the problem?

Thnx,

Johan
Participant

Ascent Collection Server/Service Suddenly Stops Working

Postby » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:42 pm

We have the exact same environment and are experiencing the exact same problem. Did you ever find a resolution?

We had the environment working for 8 days, but suddenly it stopped working and the Ascent Collection Service could no longer communicate with the Collection Server.

In addition, our srvconfig.xml file is now corrupt, so any attempts to install the Ascent Collection Service elsewhere do not complete.

Our Kofax partner-provider is telling us to install the service on an XP Client, but this is not a good solution as it is not consistent with our production environment.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Participant

Postby » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:21 am

Hey, exactly same problem here. At times, the ACS denies finding any license. But once I restart the license server, it finds the license back. Dont know what to do to avoid this.
Participant

Postby » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 am

That error message will occur when the ACS Service does not properly start. (It might not properly start if it attempts to start before the AC Licensing Service.)

Are they any errors in your Windows Event viewer or the Ascent Capture error logs?
Participant

Postby » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:17 am

Hi
We also faced the same problem on a freshly installed Windows 2000 server . After installing (Ascent Collection Web Server & Service) . In the event viewer there was no error message reported . Did a search in the service section whether ACS service is running , surprisingly I did not find the ACS service running . I again did a repair installation of ACS service . This also could not make the the ACS service appear in service . I removed the ACS service and reinstalled it again and rebooted , now I could see the ACS service in service section showing status as “startingâ€
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture Import Connector