export connector

export connector

Postby sunnysu » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:39 am

I m using export connector Ascent 7.0 Release Script for FileNet Panagon Image Services 3.6-4.0 and then xml export connector.Is there any way I can get the filenet doc id value populated in my xml generated by xml export connector :?: r ??
sunnysu
Participant

Re: export connector

Postby Hando Penu » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi!

If the Filenet script supports, it can return docid to Kofax to be used in later release scripts. It appears then in the field listing for next script as separate group (like document fields)
So it is fully dependent on the filenet script... I know, that Kofax ERP (SAP) release supports this feature.
Hando
Hando Penu
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:04 pm

It doesn't support this feature out of the box. We have modified the DLL (source is available with the installer from delivery.kofax.com) so that it outputs DocID. It was not a difficult task.
BTW I wonder why Kofax supported export connectors are not updated to use new features of KC. They are "Kofax supported" after all.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby sunnysu » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:51 am

dkekesi wrote:It doesn't support this feature out of the box. We have modified the DLL (source is available with the installer from delivery.kofax.com) so that it outputs DocID. It was not a difficult task.
BTW I wonder why Kofax supported export connectors are not updated to use new features of KC. They are "Kofax supported" after all.

hi :)

Thanks a lot .... I tried few ideas but its not working ... please explain how you are doing. It would be a great help to me if you can provide me that code snippet from your modified DLL.
Thanks
sunnysu
Participant

Postby sunnysu » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:04 am

Daniel, you help required .. :?:
sunnysu
Participant

Postby David » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:23 pm

sunnysu wrote:
dkekesi wrote:It doesn't support this feature out of the box. We have modified the DLL (source is available with the installer from delivery.kofax.com) so that it outputs DocID. It was not a difficult task.

hi :)

Thanks a lot .... I tried few ideas but its not working ... please explain how you are doing. It would be a great help to me if you can provide me that code snippet from your modified DLL.
Thanks

Did you look at the source code he wrote was available on the site? If so, what modification did you try?
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

Postby sunnysu » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:51 am

Hello david ... :) no its not available on the site ... i tried my own idea but it did not worked ..
sunnysu
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:34 am

sunnysu wrote:Hello david ... :) no its not available on the site ... i tried my own idea but it did not worked ..

You didn't look under every rock :) You have to click to download Kofax Capture 10.0. Then you have a bunch of components to select. There's an Export Connector section. All export connectors in there have the source code included.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby David » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Slightly off topic. I think the https://delivery.kofax.com is poorly designed and poorly managed/supported. Yes there are a lot of things there (perhaps more than intended) but, that is one of the few positive things I have to say.
For one thing the design is pretty slow. Also, as far as I know, it is all very poorly documented (meaning the portal itself, not documentation inside each download).
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:58 am

David wrote:Slightly off topic. I think the https://delivery.kofax.com is poorly designed and poorly managed/supported. Yes there are a lot of things there (perhaps more than intended) but, that is one of the few positive things I have to say.
For one thing the design is pretty slow. Also, as far as I know, it is all very poorly documented (meaning the portal itself, not documentation inside each download).

This is true for the entire web presence of Kofax. Apart from the main site - which is well designed - all other pages are a mess. Knowledge base, news (my.kofax.com), delivery, tech support. A lot of times they do not work (like now my.kofax.com cannot serve me any documents/brochures), freeze.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby David » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:01 pm

dkekesi wrote:
David wrote:Slightly off topic. I think the https://delivery.kofax.com is poorly designed and poorly managed/supported. Yes there are a lot of things there (perhaps more than intended) but, that is one of the few positive things I have to say.

This is true for the entire web presence of Kofax. Apart from the main site - which is well designed - all other pages are a mess. Knowledge base, news (my.kofax.com), delivery, tech support. A lot of times they do not work (like now my.kofax.com cannot serve me any documents/brochures), freeze.

/Like :wink:
David
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion